Monday, May 11, 2009

Save the Day, the Nerdette Way!!! XD

A revelation struck me yesterday, and I will now share with you the most brilliant piece(s) of advice you shall ever encounter. EVER.

Here's what's going down ^_^:

The world needs a bit of helpful reform from every single nerdette out there (population 2, as far as I know) and I'm going to post a bunch of Nerdette-inspired Fighting Against the Apocalypse Tips (FATAT) in succession on the blog. Starting with this one here:

FATAT (heh, heh) Numero UNO

Brush your teeth while taking a shower. It saves time when getting ready in the morning and saves water. Yes, I'm telling you to legitimately take the toothbrush and toothpaste with you into the shower and brush while you wait for your conditioner to set or something. I tried it yesterday, in fact. Please comment on this tip, whether you think it's the most retarded thing you've ever heard or if you think it's a stroke of pure genius.


In other fabulous news...

I've come up with a list of words (in the "English language") that are so inaccurrately used, I cry myself to sleep at night putting up with this injustice. Below is a mini-dictionary of Ze Awesome Nerdette definitions for the following words:

Creeper (noun). The life of the party. (i.e. The most unusual and slightly disturbing person you know that makes your every social gathering that much more "interesting.")

Nerdette (noun). A blatant academic overachiever exerting awesomeness in everything they do and say. Female in question exhibits nerdy behaviors such as the ability to bother you with a bunch of pointless facts or come up with the best funny nerd insults. For a synonym for this word used in a more general sense, see John and Hank Green's nerdfighter(s)

Legit (adj). A cliche, misused abbreviation for legitimate. You can just use the word seriously instead, honestly. (e.g. O rly? Yeah, like, legit!! OR O rly? Yeah, srsly!!) Seriously is just seriously a cooler sounding response and this cliche will have me using legitimately instead of legit for the rest of my life, seriously.

Fail (interjection). A term expresseing that one has just made a complete idiot of themselves in attempting to be as awesome as nerfighters and/or nerdettes. The word is often used discouragingly and that's probably why my school has recently put up motivational quotes all over the walls, 3 of them containing some form of the word fail. (e.g. Our Greatest Glory is Not in Never Failing, But In Picking Ourselves Up Afterward... or something like that [That's my theory, anyway])


As a final comment, I do hereby declare this post one of the longest I've ever written (yeah, I spent 3 days in my computer class typing this [further evidence of my nerd-ocity and non-exsistent life])!!!


WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And I saw someone wearing a fedora 3 days in a row and I'm wondering if the fedora fad Blinda and I started ^_^ is finally catching on... cuz everyone knows that the fedora hat is the hottest item in today's Nerd Fashion. Available for girls or guys (the person wearing the fedora was actually a guy... hmmm). More nerd and non-nerd related posts to come!!!!!!!!!!!

~Nerdette Ari!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (was too lazy to change the color of the exclamation points, so deal with it)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to make this an awesome comment...

But, unfortunately, right now, I should be finishing my tedious and extremely boring English homework...

I will have my revenge on Ms. Santamaria one day...(Mua ha ha ha!)

Anyways...

Gah, I have already procratinated enough...it's 10:43, and I STILL haven't done ANYTHING on my homework (except for read--but, I'm supposed to be writing, so...*trails off*)

Well, the list proved itself to be helpful and useful.

...

Not really, but, I thought I might as well make you feel somewhat cheery--seeing as I haven't commented in, say, two months --LE GASP!--

Fornowith, I bid thee farewell.

;-D

~Amanda (Who else could make a comment so amazing, that it radiates off the computer screen in beautiful, vibrant colors [like a rainbow!]?)

P.S. I hope that PWNage sheet of pure awesomenoscity excused the fact that you were late to meet up with Issy. (LOL!)

P.S.S. E-M-A-N-A-T-E.

THERE! I SPELT IT RIGHT! HAPPY NOW?

P.S.S.S. G-O-R-Y

I'm on a roll today ;-)

P.S.S.S.S. Oh crap--here comes the homework nazi (A.K.A. My mother). *Mock salutes* I have to actually go now...

P.S.S.S.S.S. I never EVER said "legit" in my life. Dead serious.

P.S.S.S.S.S.S. ...

P.S.S.S.S.S.S.S. Hehe...^-^

P.S.S.S.S.S.S.S.S. Word verification of the day: Lingsp.

Personally, the first thing that comes to mind is someone slinging a zebra into China.

But, maybe that's just me.

XD

Over and out.

Peace out, girl scout.

Those last sentences just rhymed.

Frap, I'm out of time.

^That, also rhymed.

Anonymous said...

**AH! IN ONE OF THE FIRST FEW SENTENCES, I MADE A SPELLING ERROR.

Let me correct it.

**Procrastinate**

Sorry, but when you're typing, you tend to type mistakes =P. Keyboards are cruel.

~Once again, Amanda

P.S. In case you haven't noticed--I'm intentionally trying to stall.

P.S.S. SECOND Word Verification Of The Day (WVOD): Dicit...

...hehe...the second I read that, I instantly thought of the word "dick" LOL XD!

Ari (is a cheado [whatever that is]) said...

Sank u very much 4 commenting (twice!), Amanda!!! And guess what? Today's WVOD (pronounced wuh-vahd) is cheado!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG, that's like Cheetos (PUFFED!!!). Or a cheato, which is a dorky nickname for someone who maliciously cheats at stuff. Yeah. I see you aim 2 correct all improper spellling Amanda, an 4 that I am very proud of u; so, so proud. *Tear*

BUT I AM STILL THE GRAMMAR QUEEN, SO THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry I keep distracting u from ur hw so late at night (did u like those vlogbrothers videos, btw?), but I have free time on my hands in my BCA class. :'-( Sayonara 4 now Manduh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I like the rhymes u put in ur P.S.'s, rhyming guru.

~Ari ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Audrey said...

Hooray!!! I am commenting!

I totally do the toothbrush in the shower thing. Seriously.

I loved your dictionary... and I want to be a nerdette!! Is there some sort of joining ritual? XD

I enjoy your posts. They're very happy-making to me.

Oh, random: what's your opinion on knitting? I just started... I plan to have scarves for all my friends this Christmas.

Nerdette Ari!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)!!!!!!!!!!! said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!! :D

Thanks so much for commenting and complimenting the happy-making qualities of our posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We now have proof that an actual person (not imaginary... or are you?) XD has read our blog! We are so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Ahem* Adressing induction into the fabulous Nerdette Community... The good news is: You're already a nerdette!!! WOOHOO!!! Alternatively, if you wish to be inducted into a more exclusive gathering--The Creeper Club--you must choose a celebrity or famous fictional character to *hypothetically* stalk. Have fun with that!!

Thanks again for all your posting (we could even have a whole blog-to-blog network thing) and we respect that you have lots of blogging to do, so post just whenever you get the chance and we'll do the same!!!!!!

~Nerdette Ari :D