Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Nerdette Ari's Current Nerdy OBSESSIONS

Here's an update on the latest in nerdy obsessions--in list form!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Vlogbrothers Youtube Channel
    These hilarious and multi-talented brothers founded the Nerdfighters and the pwnage of the "In Your Pants" book title suffix joke while communicating long distance through uploading videos!!! Click
    here for the link to the channel!

  • Chess
    A game of supreme logic and mental skill, chess is infamous for being the signature game for nerds. My favorite part is the pretty black and white squares. :D There's no greater pleasure than pwning all of you puny-minded friends in chess, so start building your sick chess skillz now, fellow nerds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Available as computer chess or the actual chess board and pieces*

  • Nerdy Music
    Surprisingly, there are tons of songs out there geared towards the nerd/nerdette community, and here are some of my recommendations: They Might Be Giants is a band with informative lyrics and fantastic melodies including my faves--"Doctor Worm," "Istanbul (Not Constantinople)," and "Why Does the Sun Shine?" The song "The Geek in the Pink" by Jason Mraz is irresistibly catchy with a chic nerdy vibe in there. "White and Nerdy" by Weird Al is a well-known witty parody about the plight of white nerds (not intended to offend). Look these all up on Youtube, homeskillets!!!

~Nerdette Ari ^_^ (Yeah!!!)

1 comment:

Audrey said...

I approve of these obsessions!
I LOVE vlogbrothers with a fiery passion.
Chess rocks my socks.
And Nerdy Music? I LOVE IT.
:)
See, I commented your blog! Woo!

I've been so busy I have a lot of blog-reading to do to catch up with everyone. ;)
DFTBA!

Audrey